CEI is proud to offer the experience of a life-time! Studying in a French secondary school (Collège or Lycée) while sharing the everyday life of a volunteer host family. This unique program gives young students the opportunity to discover France, its way of life and its culture, all while improving their language skills.
This high school program is a great opportunity for young students to explore the country first hand and learn more about the French culture, history and traditions from regions all over France. Living the everyday life like any French students does. Taste and learn!
Students may be placed anywhere in France.
Students must between the ages of 14 and 18 years old during their stay in France. They will go through an interview process to ensure their adequate language skills and motivation.
School placements are confirmed in either public or private schools. Students will spend 5 days per week at school, usually from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm or 6:00 pm, in classes with French classmates. All classes are taught in French.
- Depending on their age, students are placed in either Troisième (14-15 years old) or seconde (15-16 years old).
- They typically take courses in French literature, foreign languages, history, math, economics and science.
- Students placed in Classe de Premiere (16-17 years old) will be enrolled in one of the following academic tracks: Literature, Economics, or Sciences.
There’s no better way to immerse yourself in another culture than to live with a host family. In addition to the room and board, host families offer support and guidance to students during the whole stay while also sharing also with their local customs.
Students are placed in caring host families and are supervised by a CEI local coordinator and the CEI office during the whole stay.
Students are hosted in volunteer host families on a full board basis in which they share day-to-day life including leisure activities and outings. In return, students must comply with the family’s rules.
More to know about our regional guarantee placements and specific requirements!
If the students wish to be placed in a specific region, they will be accommodated in a paid French host family on a full board basis. Please notre that students are mainly placed in ctiy suburbs. They can select an area and have a guarantee to be placed in this specific area.
Different regions in France are available:
- Brittany: Nantes, Rennes, Saint-Malo, Saint Brieuc…
- Provence: Aix en Provence, Marseille, Avignon…
- Languedoc: Montpellier, Nîmes…
- Aquitaine: Bordeaux, Arcachon Bay, Biarritz…
- Midi-Pyrénées: Toulouse, Castres…
- Paris: Suburbs of Paris…
We also take into account specific requirements such as praticing piano or sports, special diets, ect. to make the High School program accessible to everyone!
- Processing of the student’s application, research and selection of a French host family (interview, visit of the house and environment)
- Full board accommodation with a host family
- Enrollment and attendance in a French lycée or collège, lunches taken at school as well as school expenses (for private schools)
- Supervision and assistance by a CEI area representative as well as by the staff of the central office
- A local orientation meeting in September and January (all program durations – the meeting can be private or attended in a group)
- Transfer costs to the host community (transfer on arrival – includes the booking and purchase of the domestic train/plane ticket by CEI + CEI escort and emergency phone line on day of arrival)
- Arrival transfer
Long stay programs
- Angélina - Saint-Malo office
- +33 (0)2 99 20 06 15